MMSD Rain Gardens Project
Now Accepting Orders!
Ordering instructions are at the bottom of this page. To get more information about the program, please call 414-225-2151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rain gardens soak up water from your roof, driveway, sidewalk, yard or sump pump discharge. Slightly different from your typical flower garden, rain gardens have wild flowers, tall grasses and deep-rooted native vegetation that help the ground soak up more water.
WHAT DOES THE GRANT PROGRAM PROVIDE?
Plants are provided at a reduced price for your rain garden. Plants must be purchased in quantities of 4 pots. Plants are only sold in bundles of 4 that cost $7.20 (each 2.5-inch seedling pot costs $1.80), about a 50% discount compared to retail prices. Each order receives 1 FREE 5-lb bag of Milorganite AND 1 coupon for $5.00 off an MMSD rain barrel!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANT PROGRAM?
Any homeowner, local non-profit group, or business owner can purchase plants. Landscaping firms are not eligible; plants are not for resale. If you are not sure of your status, please call 414-225-2151 or email email@example.com.
HOW DO I BECOME A PART OF THE PROGRAM?
- Review the species guide for available plants here.
- Complete the order form here - Save the form to your computer, then open and complete it before printing
- Print two copies, one for yourself and one to be mailed in.
- Write out a check to the Graham-Martin Foundation for the total order amount on your form.
- Mail the completed order form with your payment to:
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
C/O Bre McDonald
Rain Garden Program Manager
260 W. Seeboth Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204